Saturday, December 30, 2017

gay aging

What is Perhaps the biggest foe facing #elderly #gay people? #Stigma from other gay people, as well as #ignorance in the #LongTerm #Care industry. Check out this report David Heitz wrote two years ago for #CaregiverRelief. I just found a hard copy and uploaded it to my site. Diane Carbo assigned me this piece and encouraged me to begin writing about how being gay and a caregiver presents its own unique challenges. Props to Diane, geriatric #nurse and #caregiving expert. Like myself, this woman has put a ton of her own #money into helping others by disseminating #actionable #information for caregivers. It helps her work through her own grief, I am sure, but it doesn’t always pay the bills. Diane Carbo, conversations with you kept me sane and strong. You are amazing, and I hope my very survival is at least some kind of reward for what you do. You have inspired me. And props to everyone involved with this film, and all the time they spent helping me with this piece a couple of years back.



DAVID HEITZ


LGBT seniors disrespected in long-term care, forgotten by youth-centric gay peers


Posted on December 30, 2017 by David Heitz

No comments: